Old Agra City Tour gives you an opportunity to explore the old Agra city which exist since few hundred years. You will walk through narrow alleys and street exploring One of the oldest railway stations in India. A walk through the allies will lead you to historic mosque, temples, spice markets and will give an overview of daily life of Indians. In this tour you learn about Hinduism and Islam two major religions of India.
- Explore old Agra city which exist since ancient time.
- Learn about basic Indian lifestyle.
- View ancient temples and mosques from Mughal era.
- Mouth watering food sampling.
What to Expects
You will be picked up at your hotel in Agra by guide and driver at 3:00 pm and you will proceed for the Agra city walk.
You will stop at Agra Fort railway station, which is one of the oldest railway stations in India and built in colonial way. You will learn about Indian railway system and then you will proceed towards Jama Masjid, the biggest mosque in Agra. Here you will learn about Islam and the Mughals in india.
After the mosque you will walk towards your next stop, at Ayruvedic doctor’s alley. Here you will learn about ancient Indian system of medicine, Ayuveda. Further you will walk in local markets learning about Indian retail and wholesale system. Your next stop will be at Mankameshwar Mandir, a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Here your guide will enlighten you with ancient Hindu philosophies and rituals.
Next, is the sneezing time as you will walk through aromatic Spice market to witness various Indian spices such as Turmeric, Black pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, red chilly powder and various Indian pickles
Next stop will be at a very famous and hygienic sweet shop of the old Agra city for food sampling, where you will pamper your taste buds with mouth watering sweet and salted snacks.
Again a walk in a colorful daily market will lead you to your car and the tour ends when you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Your hotel in Agra
Your hotel in Agra
Private Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Dress Code: Clothes should worn that covers your knees and shoulders.
- Minimum Age for the tour is 6.
- Tour is not recommend for children till the age of 12, as the tour require aprox 3 Kms walk.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- This tour requires climbing staircase and walking on uneven surface.